Wellness Wednesday: Music Festival Survival Guide
If you want to eat achieve wellness, chances are you’re overwhelmed by all the information out there. Coming up with a wellness plan that works for you is difficult enough, let alone sticking with it long enough to adjust to your new lifestyle. We’re bringing you Wellness Wednesday to bring you tips and information to make health and wellness a little easier for you.
It’s that time of year again. Here in LA, we’re dealing with Coachella fever as many of our friends made their way out to the Indio desert for some of the action. While these annual music festivals can be epic and filled with amazing experiences, they can also be exhausting!
Now that we’re half-way through this year’s Coachella Valley Music Festival, we’re regrouping for Weekend 2…and maybe Bonnaroo…and maybe Lalapalooza, too.
So if enjoy the party all week with fewer wellness fails? Here our Top 5 Music Festival Survival Tips:
- On Water: Look, we don’t want to be rude about this but you’re looking a little shriveled. Indio is the desert and you may have had a few adult beverages. Remember to drink water. Dehydration doesn’t just sap you of moisture, it can also cause bad mood and fatigue. Stay hydrated to avoid being a Crabby McCraberson.
- On Sun: Remember when you were little and your mom used to embarrass you by insisting that you wear sunscreen and stay in the shade? We hate to say it but moms know things. Just like dehydration, sunburn is not only bad for your skin but it can lead to overheating and fatigue as well. Both of which could take you out of the action. Do yourself a favor and get a spray tan and a big hat. You’ll thank us when you aren’t the color of a freshly cooked crustacean right in time for the Kendrick Lamar set.
- Fight germs: You’re going to be dirty. Like, really, really dirty. While we’re not advocating that you cultivate a fresh case of germaphobia, hand sanitizer gel or wipes might not be a bad idea. Then again, nothing screams sexy like heading off to a line-up of portapotties baking in the desert sun after rolling around in the mud by the misters for the last couple hours.
- Eat, drink, rest: Coachella, and other summer tests, are basically playgrounds for adults. It *is* pretty awesome to be able to listen to music all day and lose track of time, it doesn’t mean you should lose track of your basic needs. Not to sound like mom again, but you need to eat your veggies and schedule at least a few meager hours for sleep.
Shouldn’t be too difficult with all the trendy hipster food trucks bound to be cruising the venues this year. (Food @ Coachella via Eat Like a Man blog
- Enough is enough: So maybe you ignored items 1-4 on our list. Whether or not you’re feeling it, be familiar with warning signs for heat- and exhaustion-related illnesses just in case. You might not be too embarrassed to dance awkwardly to M83 but you’ll probably feel a little self-conscious if you have to get rolled out on a stretcher because you fainted.
Have you been to a music festival? What are your survival tips? Tell us @dreamlymachine!
The Dreamly Team